Friday, January 2, 2009

SAD1

Assignment 1
- Think about your approved/proposed systems, is it worth the three or more years of learnings you get from the university? Describe how you arrived with this proposal.


Honestly speaking, I can say that it is worth because as an IT student in this University I can help the school with my skills and considering the time left in making this system I can say that it can be a good choice. I myself choose this kind of project because i am curious about the challenge i will be facing in that department and I want to know how does the supply regarding the University really works.

Assignment 2
- Following the SDLC model, please discuss the acitvities/steps that you will undertake in order to achieve your objective/s in life. what approach(es) would you use, predictive/adaptive?.. your own version of SDLC pls...

When answering this question It is difficult to come up with an answer especially when you did not experience this two approach but as what Ive read and understand with this two approach their are things that will be beneficial to one another thats why the combination with this two are develop because it will really help a lot.

For me to play safe I will choose the predictive approach it is like making a gant chart you have to follow a given goal or you must make an activity list in order for you to follow.

Known projects are best suited to predictive approach while evolving projects are suited for adaptive. because if it is a known project.

The outputs from predictive planning are expected and knowable, adaptive planning may yield surprising outcomes since Adaptive planning involves breaking a project into small components over an undetermined timeline to allow ultimate flexibility in directing the course of the project while predictive planning provides a linear, specific development plan structured around producing a pre-determined end result within a specific timeframe.

and using predictive mindset might choose to utilize a "waterfall" approach, adaptive teams may choose "agile" techniques but all these things depends upon the project that you will be dealing with as i said if the project is knowable i might choose the predictive planning if it is an evolving project adaptive is the best choice.

reference:
http://www.idea.org/adaptive.html
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=285278

Assignment 3
- Among the data gathering techniques used in systems analysis are interviewing, document review, observation, and use of questionnaires. Considering your personality type, which of these would you be most comfortable with and why?

Upon choosing what kind of method I will choose I might choose using interview and questionnaire because making questionnaire is not enough and interview i consider it as a disturbance in the company because you are not really part of their day to day transaction that's why to solve it I must use the questionnaire and slight interview because the more data collected the more accurate will be the output of your project thats what i think it is and I think my personality can handle these things. I've experience interviewing and making questionnaire and I think Im ok with it.

Interviewing can also enhance the power of your interaction to people if you can face them it is part of building your confidence and it is also good because the source your getting and the data collected will be accurate and you can get some tips and strategies from them in dealing with your project thats why I think media is really interviewing people in order to know the truth but if you get the data from the wrong source then thats dangerous. Dealing with these two in data gathering will be enough I think as long as the data will answer all your questions.

Assignment 4

-USEP's enrollment system, a use case diagram.



Assignment 5
- Activity Diagram



Assignment 6
-USEP enrollment System DFD



Assignment 6A
- Regarding the consultation of our proposed system my team mates proposed the auction type of system like in davao sales but with MMS in order for the costumers satisfaction. The Consultation is very challenging but Im having fun with this proposal because I know this is not kinda hard to implement in the second period using only a database and some codes this will be done. I find it very interesting in my part because its been a long time since i stop making codes... The first proposal was rejected and this time we are already done with the proposal and my team mates are looking forward for the next consultation..

No comments:

Post a Comment